Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Indian Summer

Things That Totally Rocked Today:

* playing with the boys in the sprinkers, since it hit 100 degrees again today
* Dani's teacher writing on her Lord of the Flies paper: "It's hard for me to remember that you're a high school freshman, because you write better than most college freshmen!"
* finding out that I CAN get bright orange roses
* getting 6 tape runner refills as a RAK (random act of kindness) in the mail!
* Darren and I talking and laughing 'til 3 in the morning last night... was a zombie today, but MAN did that rock!
* my new fat jeans make me feel a little skinnier
* Ian, "Mr. Don't-Touch-Me", asked to be carried up to bed like a baby. *happy sigh*
* Chipotle and Target with Cara and our kiddos. Fun! And watching Cara do something like bonking her kid's head with the car door makes me feel more normal.
*Mico and Larry mowed my lawn, then came inside and helped themselves to juice. Then they sat at my kitchen island and laughed, asked my why I was so rude and didn't bring them souvenirs from Ireland, counted the coins in the change jar and talked about what they'd do with the $15.63 in there. (Laundry). I can't wait to give them each a roll of quarters on Sunday. :)

No comments: