Thursday, September 08, 2005

Busy Busy

Here's what we've been up to recently:

Our whirlwind weekend in Houston, visiting two sets of old friends, was wonderful.
Here's Blake and Kelly and their boys:


and here's Gheath and Kristin and THEIR boys:


On Saturday, we took my parents and our neice Savannah to the rodeo at the Fort Worth Stockyards. Darren and I had actually never been in the almost 15 years we've lived here. We'll definitely be going back. The boys LOVED it! There was a "Mutton Scramble", which involved kids ages 3-7 and 2 lambs, all running like mad around the arena. The goal was to be the first one to grab the ribbon from one of the lambs' tails. The boys thought it was the coolest thing EVER. They were the last ones to come off the floor and back into the stands. LOL! Ian's favorite thing, hands down, was the cowboy hat I bought him. He's worn it ever since. :)


On Labor Day, I set up a SnoCone stand (with supplies donated from Fortress Youth Development Center) and invited the Fortress Youth to raise money for Hurricane Katrina Relief. It was a good opportunity for them to give back. The kids did an outstanding job and were able to raise $160 to aid families who have come to Fort Worth for refuge. My boys came by for a couple of hours at the end of the day...not to help, but to nosh....



Aidan and Ian started Mother's Day Out on Tuesday. I spent the day sitting at the computer, not fetching drinks and snacks, and not having anyone backwash into my Diet Vanilla Coke. I didn't bother to make or eat lunch. I listened to the silence. I got to hog the computer all day, and never once had to log on to www.toondisney.com. It. Was. A. Good. Day! And today is Thursday... meaning, they're at MDO again! What a concept! I get to spend the afternoon helping my friend Julie pick out wedding invitations. Woo woo!

Here are the boys this morning, on their 2nd day of school. They LOVE it. It's a new school for them, and we're all very happy here. This morning, when I woke the boys up, Ian, who has NEVER greeted the day with a smile (he's just like me in that regard. growl.) sat straight up in bed, asked, "Is it LIGHT outside? Is it time for SCHOOL???" He couldn't get dressed fast enough...

No comments: