Saturday, October 14, 2006

the week in pictures 9

Sunday: CHURCH IN THE INNER CITY

The building that houses Fortress Youth Development Center and Fortress Church is surrounded by razor wire, because, YES. People do steal from churches.

Monday: DANI'S ROOM (before)
Monday was a school holiday. Dani spent the day turning this:


into this:
Tuesday: DANI'S ROOM (after)

That's Brianna on Dani's bed. She helped Dani move one of the futons from the game room into Dani's room, and Dani's twin bed into the game room. Brianna and Bobbie will share the game room; Dani and Brittani will share Dani's room. Think it'll stay this clean for long? :)

Wednesday: THE BEGINNINGS OF THE CLOSET

After my blog about the nasty scrapbook closet we were using, my sweet friend Beth started a super-secret fund drive for me! It was the BEST surprise. I couldn't believe someone would do such a kind and generous thing. Beth raised $300 in two days' time, which allowed me to purchase the needed supplies to build our closet. My friend JW donated his time and skill and got the closet built in 6 hours. I'll share more photos of it tomorrow after Scrapbooking Day! (Shhhh. Don't tell my ScrapShare friends. I want this to be a surprise tomorrow. bwahahahahaha)

Thursday: DANI'S NEW GLASSES

She still wears contacts, but until her eyes heal completely, she has to wear glasses every other day. Actually, she likes them so much that she's worn them every day since she got 'em! She calls it her "I-drink-coffee-and-write-deep-poetry look".

Friday: TACO SOUP, BABY!

We finally had our first cool front of the season, which meant we finally got to have our first Taco Soup of the season! We shared it with our new neighbors, who loved it so much that they came back later for seconds! :)

Saturday: LAUGHTER
Aidan snapped this shot of me laughing this afternoon. He's quite proud of it!

3 comments:

Beth said...

CANNOT WAIT to see the closet! I'm so happy that was enough to build it!! YIPPEE! This totally made my day.

Veronica said...

Woohoo Re: the closet. Can't wait to see the finished results.

Love Dani's new glasses.

And totally love that pic that Aidan took - so cool :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the closet either! And I can't wait for my beans to arrive and make some of that DEE-LISH-US looking soup! I better put a drop cloth over my keyboard before I get drool on it...

Dawn