I love music. From classic rock to comtemporary Christian, from bluegrass to classical... I love it all.
I often think about The Soundtrack of My Life, and what would be on it. Here are a few tracks:
1. Hope to Carry On - Rich Mullins... There are so MANY songs by Rich Mullins that should be on this list. Aidan is named after the boy in "Let Mercy Lead". "Bound to Come Some Trouble" was a signpost moment in my life. "If I Stand" has wonderful, wonderful lyrics.
2. On the Turning Away - Pink Floyd... anything from Animals, Wish You Were Here, The Wall, and Dark Side of The Moon can transport me back to my junior year in high school....good memories of Orion the Hunter and brown leather bomber jackets.
3. Your Smiling Face - James Taylor... I like to sing this to my kids
4. The Great Adventure - Steven Curtis Chapman... "Saddle up your horses, we got a trail to blaze"... love the energy in this song!
5. I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash... my theme song
6. You Are the Sunshine of My Life - Stevie Wonder... just 'cause I like it
7. Fields of Gold - Sting... 'cause I HAD to have a Sting song on my sountrack
8. In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel...I remember jamming so loud to this song that the sound was bouncing off the house next door and back into my yard.
9. What A Wonderful World - Louis Armstong...has ALWAYS been a favorite of mine, since I can remember
10. Dream - David Sanborn...sexy, sexy. Brings back sexy memories. :)... and it was the song that Darren and I exited our wedding to! ;)
11. I Can Only Imagine - MercyMe...one of those songs that I hear and say, "Man! I wish I'd written that!"
12. Think - Aretha Franklin...First loved it watching "The Blues Brothers" many, many years ago. LOVE to hear it every time a pitcher is purposefully walking a batter at a Fort Worth Cats game. Makes me get up and dance and sing. I wish I could wail like Aretha!
13. Free Fallin' - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers...one of those songs that transports me back to a specific place and time
14. Milk - The Judys ...I had a hard time picking between this one and "Moo".
15. For Baby (For Bobbie) - John Denver... Mom made us listen to John Denver every stinkin' Saturday of my childhood. I hated it back then, but now, I sorta like it. Especially THIS song.
16. Brown-Eyed Girl - Van Morrison ...because it makes me happy, that's why. And I'm a brown-eyed girl.
17. What Sweeter Music - John Rutter, composer, performed by the Cambridge Singers...magical, beautiful, blissfully perfect.
18. Moving Pictures - The Kinks ...life IS one big moving picture.
19. Picture Book - Young Fresh Fellows... I make a living making Picture Books. I spend a great deal of my time making them for my family. Gotta have this song!
20. At Last - Etta James... dedicated to Darren. Sappy, romantic.... ahhhhhh.
21. Over The Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwo... have you heard this? It's been around for years. If so, go listen again. If not, go directly to iTunes. Do not pass Go. Buy it now. Listen. And enjoy.
22. Thank You (falettinme be mice elf) - Sly and the Family Stone...because it's funky and fun and it makes me wanna dance (I can't dance, but it makes me wanna!)
23. Meant to Live - Switchfoot... my daughter blasts her Switchfoot CD all the live-long day. I like it, so I don't protest. This song has a great message that I should try to remember more often.
24. Pyromania - Def Leppard...takes me back to 8th grade... and clucking down the halls of GMS, gettin' busted for chewing gum by the typing teacher
25. Open Arms - Journey... first song I learned to play on the piano besides Beginner Piano music. To this day, I can sing every note and every syllable of every Journey album from the 1980s. LOVED them.
26. Someone Saved My Life Tonight - Elton John... another artist whose every song could be on my list.
27. Keep on the Sunny Side - The Whites.. first heard this on the movie "O Brother Where Art Thou" (which reminds me... I need to add that one to my list of favorites)
What songs are on YOUR soundtrack?