Saturday, June 25, 2005

Birthday Highlights

12:27 a.m. - happy birthday message from Mickey Mouse :)

8:30 - rolled out of bed

Noon - the boys gave me their gift: my own tool box (a very cool canvas "box", filled with not-girly red tools. YAY!!!!! I jumped up and down like a child on Christmas morning. Is that weird?)

12:30 - called Sherilyn so she could validate me (see #34 from yesterday's post) and tell me that it's NORMAL for a girl to get that excited about tools.

1:30 - treated myself to a Rt 44 Diet Vanilla Coke from Sonic

4:30 - headed across town to help prepare for Ms D's Surprise Birthday party and finished the gift album I'd been working on all day. Had fun making roughly 17 million miniature salami sandwiches while joking around with friends

6:30 - got to see Melvin, who flew in from Chicago for the party. Remembered how much I like having him around!

7:30 - spent the next 3 hours shooting photos of Ms. D's party. (Ms. Dorothy is the wonderful lady who faithfully cooks and feeds all the kids who pass through the doors at Fortress.) She was genuinely surprised, and LOVED it. Touching notes written in the scrapbook, a wonderful video from Joe and Baby Ira in NYC, good food, good laughs, good friends, good times. PERFECT way to spend my birthday.

11:30 - lounged on Cara's front porch with a margarita snow cone and caught up with two friends who I haven't spent much time with lately

11:40 - "We want to sing badly for you" phone call from Elaine and Jerry. CRACKED ME UP.

1:20 - took Cara's Tahoe and drove Kristi home (see #13 from yesterday)...on the way back to my house, heard The Eagles' "Life's Been Good To Me So Far" for the second time today. None of the other lyrics fit (I don't have a mansion, a limo, a Maserati, or hit records), but the title fits perfectly.

1:30 - arrived home to find Darren still awake. :)

Happy Birthday to me!

This isn't the most flattering photo of Ms D or poor Cara (who can't seem to keep her eyes open for a photo, EVER!)... but it's the best one of me. Yah, that's vain. But it's my birthday, so I'm allowed. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TREATED YOURSELF with a Diet Vanilla Coke?????

TREAT???

That's a daily occurance! LOL!

Happy Birthday!

Stacy said...

Not anymore, it's not. I've really cut back. REALLY! To about one a week. But this past week, I had three. :D