Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I'm finally a blogger!

This has been coming on for a couple of years, and evidently, the only treatment is submission. I've wanted to blog since I quit writing my weekly church bulletin column over 2 years ago. The only thing that kept me writing then was my deadline. I knew that without the pressure, I wouldn't write. Still, I gave it up and sure enough, I've hardly written a thing since.

Occasionally, I'll remember to check in on Jerry and Elaine's blogs... (how on earth has it escaped me for all these years that you guys share names with the characters on Seinfeld??? LOL!)... and I'll hear this little voice in my head saying, "Start a blog. Start a blog." But I shush the voice and tell it to go away. Last fall, Jerica started a blog. The Voice reared its ugly head again, so I slapped it upside the head and hissed through clinched teeth at it to shut up. And then, this spring, I discovered Joe and Laura's blog. I am drawn to it every day. Every time I read updates about Baby Ira, I feel the words moving and forming inside me, and I'm moved to write. I haven't felt that "calling" in a long time. And since I can't shush it adequately, and since it dodges my backhanded slaps, I've decided to submit.

So this is my blog. I'll pretend that you're reading it faithfully, so that I'll feel responsible to write. I need to write. I've ALWAYS needed to write. I won't be accountable to myself, but I'll be accountable to you. Humor me. :)

15 comments:

Elaine said...

Welcome! My family has a blog using this tool, and it's pretty cool!

I've linked to you from my site, so you'll get some random visitors from my neck of the woods. :)

gaye said...

I'd write a comment, but you'd probably tell me, "Shut up, Gaye!"

Gaye

Anonymous said...

If ever there was a person who should be a blogger, it would have to be you! I love hearing the Kocur family tales so this will be cool!

Anonymous said...

I've found you. No need to pretend you have readers!

Goldie

Anonymous said...

We are here, we are here, reading your blog. Thanks for bringing The Fort to me in NZ!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo, I can now comment "anonymously". I may never shut up now....

Glad to see you writing again. I've missed those columns of yours (and still think you should try to get published). Oops, is that me nagging again.....;)

Anonymous said...

WEll heck, us anonymous people have to sign our names.....Sherilyn

Anonymous said...

ITS A GREAT WAY TO KEEP IN TOUCH. WE JUST MAY HAVE OUR OWN SOON. IN HIS GRIP. MEAJ AVOLIO

Anonymous said...

Well, if I'm the 10th person to comment you got some pressure com'n your way. Felicia

Anonymous said...

Great to see you're now a blogger. I'll drop in every chance I get girl. Looking forward to reading your "untold stories" *Ü*
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Ah! Now I see the anonymous option ;)

Love the blog and look forward to reading it regularly...

Veronica in Aus

Anonymous said...

I'll be sure and check in often, especially when I need some Stacy Humor! You still need to get published - how about Christian Women magazine? They've got some random writers and it's a great read!

Anonymous said...

How Awesome! I've never met a blogger before. :) I can't wait to see how this develops and read your fun and humorous writings. :)

Have fun, and keep us smiling, giggling, and enjoying your wonderful family.

Anonymous said...

Stacy, I've got you bookmarked so I can check in everyday inbetween reading the board and buying "free" silver jewelry ;). I'm so envious of your gift of expressing yourself with the written word - maybe if I read here enough some of that will rub off on me! Love your first two articles or entries or whatever it is you're supposed to call them (see, I told you I needed help).

Anonymous said...

If you write it...they will come...

(Can you tell I just returned from Iowa where Field of Dreams was filmed?)

Stacy, I think this is a wonderful idea for you! You are a gifted writer, and I will enjoy your thoughts. I have read a couple of bloggers (DS2 is one) but they don't add to them often enough to make visiting their blogs a regular habit. We are holding you accountable!