Monday, January 08, 2007

I Am The Tortoise

I didn't have a donut.

Instead, I chewed a piece of Trident Green Apple Fusion gum. When the flavor of that wore off (after approximately 34 seconds), I popped in a stick of the new Extra Watermelon gum. That flavor lasted a little longer. Next was my favorite: a piece of Orbit Sweet Mint. Mmmmmmm. Crisis averted.

This morning, I weighed in. Two weeks ago, I'd gained two pounds. :(
Last week, I was too chicken to weigh.
This week, I was scared, but did it anyway. THREE POUNDS DOWN! So I lost the two I'd gained, plus another one that must've taken a wrong turn in Albuquerque, 'cause I was bad on Cara's birthday (realllllllly bad) and I didn't expect to lose three pounds. :)

After weigh-in, I high-tailed it to the grocery store and bought good stuff. Passed right on by the Krispy Kremes with my nose in the air. I don't need no stinkin' Krispy Kremes!

Slow and steady wins the race. :)

6 comments:

foleysfriend said...

GO Stacy GO ... I believe that weight loss has a lot to do with lifestyle changes. You seem to have conquered some lifestyle changes. You demonstrate great "won't"power (as opposed to willpower).

Keep going, Stacy. Yes ... slow and steady will win the race!!! We're cheering you on.

sue

Tonya said...

WTG Stacy. 3 pounds is great. The tortoise won the race.

wildflower said...

!!!!!You ROCK!!!!!

Kaki said...

Stacy - I am SO PROUD of you - you are awesome! Try the new Stride Wintergreen (it's sugarfree too). The flavor lasts FOREVER and you can blow bubbles. I chew and blow all day and divert many cravings! Love it. By the way, my favorite before it was Orbit Sweet Mint! Love you.

Jackietex said...

Congratulations!!! I knew you could be strong! Keep up the good/hard work.

Dirpus said...

Koo-koo, ka-chu!