Thursday, June 22, 2006

Poolside at the Hays'

I will wake up Saturday morning, my birthday, in Tahoka, Texas. Never heard of it? Yah. Me neither, until a couple of months ago.
It's the home of the Hays - parents of my friend Joe, and grandparents of Baby Ira. They've graciously invited my family to stay in their home, and as a thank you for their hospitality, I mixed a CD for them tonight. (I heard through the grapevine that they love to crank up the tunes when they're out in the pool!)

I love to mix CDs. Back in the days of cassette tapes, I'd spend HOURS sitting on the floor , sorting through scores of tapes, choosing songs, rewinding and forwarding until I got to the right spot on the tape, then recording on my dual cassette deck. Then hitting pause as soon as one song was over, searching for the next song, and on and on and on. I was famous in college for my mixes. I never had any money (probably 'cause I spent it all buying music), so I often gave custom mixed tapes as gifts.

This CD is happy. It's got a little bit of EVERYthing on it. I love it. I hope the Hays love it, too!

Ocean Avenue (Yellowcard)
Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)
You Are the Sunshine of My Life (Stevie Wonder)
Pico De Gallo (Trout Fishing In America)
Long Tall Texan (Lyle Lovett & Randy Newman)
Walking on Sunshine (Katrina and the Waves)
Swimming Pool (Trout Fishing in America)
Summertime (Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong)
A Summer Song (Chad & Jeremy)
Soak Up the Sun (Sheryl Crow)
Dive (Steven Curtis Chapman)
C'mon and Swim (Bobby Freeman)
Don't Worry, Be Happy (Bobby McFerrin)
Here Comes the Sun (The Beatles)
High of 75 (Relient K)
Small Town (John Mellencamp)
Hot Fun in the Summertime (Sly & The Family Stone)
Blue Skies (Point Of Grace)

I've been listening to the CD for the past hour, and some of the lyrcis just make.me.smile. :)

Here. Take a listen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacy,
These are great songs - very creative just like your scrapbook pages. Thanks for the listen.
Jan

Anonymous said...

Ah, the mix tape. I loved them! I still have many of the ones I made in high school and college.

I had stacks of cassette drawers in my bedroom and could spend hours making tapes.

I swear, Stacy. You and I could be twins.

Anonymous said...

The cassettes I wore out were the mixes I made. (Of course they had all my favorite songs and none of the ones I didn't much like.) I should learn to do it on CD's now. It was fun to hear the songs you picked (even if it only lets you hear a snippet) I didn't think I knew a couple of them until I heard them and then it was like "oh yeah, I know that one!" Blue skies is one of my all time favs and Summer Song too (one of the ones I didn't know the name of) it is a fun "sun and swim" collection, and they will love it!

Have fun on your trip and kiss Colorado for me!

القمر السعودى said...

شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بصفوي
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض براس تنورة
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالجبيل
شركة مكافحة حشرات بام الساهك
شركة مكافحة حشرات برأس تنورة