1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
A little west of here, where the bluffs fall down to the Trinity River, and the backyards tumble down and overlook the miniature train bridge that crosses the river. My boys would SO love that.
2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?
My gauchos from Target. I cannot TELL you how comfy they are. I own 'em in three colors now. :)
3. FAVORITE PHYSICAL FEATURE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Laugh. Yah. I love a guy who loves to laugh. It makes his whole appearance mo betta!
4. THE LAST CD YOU BOUGHT?
Beatles' White Album early last spring. Dani was learning to play "Blackbird" on guitar, and since I couldn't buy it on iTunes, I had to go buy the whole CD. (Yippee!)
5. WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVORITE PLACE TO BE?
on the receiving end of someone's senseless diatribe
6. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE MASSAGED?
My feet, I guess. Don't touch my shoulders or back. I hate that.
7. WHAT'S MOST IMPORTANT, STRONG IN MIND OR STRONG IN BODY?
Gotta say strong in mind. This year, I watched several people fall apart. One was robbed of his family. He had to remain strong in mind to survive the ordeal. His strong body was of no help to him. Another was robbed of her innocence. Her strong body didn't do a thing for her, but her strong faith and strong mind saw her through. Another went off the deep end emotionally. Physical strength isn't gonna bring that person back; only strength of character, naked truth and sheer will can do that. And God.
8. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
First, around 8:30 when Darren kisses me goodbye. I don't usually drag my lazybones outta bed until after 9, though.
9. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?
My red enamel colander. Oh. That's not an appliance? Who cares. I'm sayin' it anyway. That thing makes me happy. :)
10. WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY?
Lying, thieving cheats.
11. IF YOU COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Guitar. Still. Someday I gotta make that happen. So I can play with my daughter. :)
12. FAVORITE COLOR?
Red. Bright red, dark red. Melon red, rusty red. Do not care. I love red.
13. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR OR SUV?
HEEE!! Have you seen what I'm driving lately?
14. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE?
Absolutely I do. At my funeral, I want this song to rock the rafters: "If you miss me singin' down here and you can't find me nowhere, nowhere, just come up up to bright Glory. I'll be singin' up there."
15. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?
The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown.
16. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?
Fall! I'm already yearning for its arrival. I love its holidays, its aromas, its warmth. I love everything about it.
17. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Huh. To see the future, I suppose. I wanna know that my daughter's gonna be safe when she starts dating and driving and everything else that this next year is gonna bring.
18. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?
I'd love to have a tattoed wedding ring on my finger. But it'll never happen.
19. CAN YOU JUGGLE?
no. Never tried, actually. But I have a photo of Darren in college, juggling apples. lol!
20. THE ONE PERSON FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO?
Grandma Mildred. I wasn't as bold back then as I am now. I needed to be bold with her.
21. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE DAY?
Thursday. I always know I'll get to see my gurlfrenz on Thursday!
22. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR?
The back of my Xterra as you read this is LOADED FULL with a week's worth of clothes for the 5 of us, non-perishable food to take to the cabin, linens, cameras, games, and speakers pounding out some good tunes!
23. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER?
Hamburger! Made by Darren. I hope I remembered to take the TexJoy seasoning to the mountains....
24. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CARTOON?
I love me some Bugs Bunny. As far as comic strips, nothing has ever been as good as Calvin and Hobbes was.
25. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEAL?
Bring-your-own-meat barbecue in my backyard, lots and lots of friends, corn on the cob and loaded baked potatoes. Followed by homemade ice cream.
28. If you could only choose one fantasy servant, who would it be (chauffeur/gardener/cook/masseuse/other)?
Personal Assistant to make trips to the PO, do the grocery shopping, water the plants, taxi kids to school, and answer the phone.
29. FOUR WORDS THAT SUM YOU UP: faithful, task-oriented, outgoing, creative
30. FAVORITE PIG-OUT FOODS: buttered popcorn with M&Ms thrown in at the movies, chips and guacamole, cheddar peppers with ranch from Sonic
31. THREE OF YOUR EVERY DAY ESSENTIALS: love from my family, cell phone, cold water to drink
32. THREE WAYS YOU'VE BEEN BLESSED: 1. Darren. My GOD, thank You for Darren. He is my rock, my tire swing, my daily special, my differential. :D 2. my KIDS. Have mercy. It's really unfair to the rest of y'all that I've been blessed with the world's three most beautiful, most talented, most loving, most enjoyable children. :D 3. my friends. I really can't have enough. God keeps giving me more and more.
33. WHICH OF THE FOUR HOBBITS ARE YOU MOST LIKE? How funny. Obviously, this quiz was written during Lord of the Rings mania. But let's see. I guess I'm more like Frodo. Task-oriented. Faithful. Rule-follower.
34.WHAT'S YOUR BIGGEST PERSONALITY FLAW? I've become less apt to sit idly by and more inclined to stand up for myself and those I love. It's not ALWAYS a flaw, but it can be. And has been.
35. HOW DO YOU COPE WITH STRESSFUL SITUATIONS? I call on someone wiser than me for advice and direction. After I have a good outburst.
36. ARE YOU HAPPY ON THIS BIRTHDAY? I'm joyful. Truly. My newest mantra is "Choose Joy", and I am. It has made all the difference.
(I answered this same quiz on my birthday in 2005.)