Monday, September 18, 2006

music and shoes

Dani made District Choir Saturday. She was nervous Friday night when she sang over her music one last time. Her nervousness exposed itself in the form of missed beats, off notes and general blahness. I told her that a bad dress rehearsal is a sure sign of a great opening night. It's true. Saturday morning, she was a bit nervous when she woke up, but by the time she got to the competition and marked the cuts of the music she'd have to sing, she was fine. She knew her music as well as she could, she can only sing as well as she can sing, and she was comfortable with the fact that her best was all she had. If it got her to the next round, great. If not, she was gonna be okay. So she marched into the audition room, cued the tape player dude to start the music, and she sang. Out of her group of 65 altos, only 20 were chosen. She came in 19th. She's off to Regionals next month!

Tonight, we went shopping for her Homecoming dress. In the end, we decided to go with jeans, a fantastic blouse, great jewelry, and killer heels. That decision saved us so much money that we had money leftover. So, I bought shoes too! When I was young, I loved Converse High Tops. I wore 'em with everything, and everywhere. Dressed 'em up, dressed 'em down. I haven't owned a pair in 15 years. Now I own a pair again, and they are my favorite shade of melon. I can't wait to wear 'em.

Check out those killer heels, though. Dani's taller than me when she has 'em on!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow, you can wear jeans to Homecoming now? cool.

I wasn't cool enough for Converse. I wore Keds. LOL

Anonymous said...

WTG Dani! Woo Hoo!

And I had yellow Converse hi-tops in high school! They are a great shoe, aren't they? Might have to get me another pair....

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA next thing I know you will be wearing the mini skirt with the leggings under it WITH those high tops...
Audrey and Karlee both have those hightops in that shade of melon... you guys need to get a pic taken together.
hey leg warmers are back too!
Karen

Bobbie said...

What size do you wear? I might have to sneak to your closet and borrow them....