Sunday, July 10, 2005

rambling

I've scrapbooked 455 client pages in the past 6 weeks. (Plus a dozen of my own, plus a dozen for a gift album for Ms D's Surprise Party -see June 24 post.) I'm scrapbooked out. But I'm not finished. I'm about 2/3 of the way through my current job, which I need to wrap up this weekend. I must finish the job and get paid, because the money is a big chunk of the financing for our trip. :)

I finished painting my new desk. Darren and I assembled it today, and I'm supremely happy with it! It turned out exactly like I had it pictured in my head. It feels so good to finally have one project completely finished. We gave our old computer desk to Mico, who picked it up today. The scattered new desk parts are now cleared out of the front room. I can finally put away all the newspaper-dropcloths and the paint supplies and make that room presentable again. It felt so good to cross something off The List! :)

Dani came home tonight from Trek. She climbed Colorado's highest peak, Mt. Elbert. She's flying high right now. It was, easily, the best experience of her life! She will be home fewer than 12 hours, though, before she leaves again. Church camp starts tomorrow, and we'll leave the house early in the morning.

Tried to avoid the internet today (and largely succeeded). But I did reply to an email from an old high school friend about another old high school friend. And I bought a wide angle lens for my SLR camera. Been wanting one for a few years, and decided to bite the bullet. It'll be here before our trip. Also bought an extra flash card for the digital.

Whew. I'm tired. I spoke with my friend Jenny yesterday, and she gave me some good tips on how to make the boys sleep on the plane. ;) I will definitely employ them, 'cause I have a feeling I'm gonna board that plane and promptly PASS OUT. :)



1 comment:

Liz said...

Stacy! I am in love with your desk! :)