Fifteen Reasons I'm Still Happily Married to the One I Love
1. He tells me I'm beautiful, and makes me believe it.
2. He makes me laugh, and he laughs at me.
3. He's hard-working and persistent about making our dreams happen.
4. He's compassionate and kind to other people. (that's HOT.)
5. He kisses me goodbye every morning while I snooze away, and never complains that I'm too lazy to get up and see him off.
6. He does selfless little things every day (like driving the un-air-conditioned van in the summertime so I don't have to).
7. He's full of surprises. (See the tulip bulbs he bought me last week? They bloomed just in time for our anniversary!)
8. He calls me from work, just because.
9. He doesn't own me.
10. He's the type of Daddy I'd have chosen for my kids if I had been able to choose. (Funny how that worked out, huh? I couldn't tell at 20 what kind of Dad he'd become.)
11. He's not afraid to evolve and change and try new things. (except for Japanese food. He won't give it a chance.)
12. He's forgiving (and gracious about it).
13. He takes care of me the way every woman wants to be taken care of.
14. He delights in seeing me happy, comfortable, fulfilled, etc.
15. He keeps growing and improving and stretching and dreaming, so that every year is better than the last.
Fifteen years seems like such a long time, but it's just a drop in the bucket, really. Here's to the rest of our lives. I love you Darren!