Monday, November 28, 2005

My Seester

There's a strange phenomenon that occurs in my relationship with Bobbie. I can't figure it out. When she lives nearby, I rarely see or talk to her. But when she moves away, I miss her terribly and count the days until I'll see her again.

This is the third time we've been separated by miles. The first time was when I was in college and she was still in high school. I missed her so much, even though when we shared a room for all those years, we fought like dogs. I remember wanting her to come visit me in the dorm, and then I remember talking her into moving to Denton so we could hang out. But weird thing happened... she had her life and I had mine and we rarely saw each other.

When Dani and Brittani were 5 and 3, Bobbie moved to Colorado. Again, I missed her like crazy. We talked on the phone a lot, and I planned a vacation with the sole purpose of visiting her. Then they moved back, into a house across the street from us. I loved those years, having her right there. We attended the same church, our girls spent every afternoon together, but outside of that, Bobbie and I didn't see much of each other. We both worked and had our own lives.

Eventually, she moved to another suburb, and we'd meet for lunch every once in a blue moon. Then they moved to Tennessee.

And I miss her like crazy. She was here this weekend, and once again, I found myself wondering why I let this happen. WHY did I waste the opportunity to know her when she was HERE? Why do we keep in better touch now that she lives 500 miles away than we did when she lived down the road?? I suppose we thought there was plenty of time.

My sister is a beautiful person, inside and out. She makes me feel loved and cherished. She brings out the best in me. She means the world to me, and I hope she realizes that. If her living in Tennessee means I get to talk to her more often than I did when she lived here, then so be it. Doesn't make a lick of sense, though.

I love you, Bot! :)

3 comments:

Bobbie said...

You took the words that were all jumbled in my head and wrote it just they way I feel. I had the best time with you Saturday. Can't wait to see you again in three weeks. Oh, we had a long talk with Brit last night, found out what has been bugging her, I will email you. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Stace,
wow Brit is so grown, it is funny how you and Dani look alike and Brit and Bot look alike...
I am so glad that you guys got to spend some time together! Tell Bot i said hi!

Bobbie said...

Stacy,
I want to Thankyou for your kind and loving words. A friend asked me at lunch "what have you been smokin cuss you are just way too happy", I said oh this stuff called "love". I appreciate the "puff". :) Bot