Tuesday, October 25, 2005

School Morning Conversations

Mommy: "Wakey Up time! It's time for school!"
Ian: "(growl) HMFH! You ALWAYS SAY THAT! (crying)"
(poor boy is just like me. A grump in the morning.)

Ian: "I wanna watch Jetix."
Mommy: "It doesn't come on in the mornings."
(We have this exchange EVERY STINKIN' MORNING)

Aidan: Can I wear long sleeves today?
Mommy: Yes. It's cold outside.
Aidan: Can I wear long sleeve pants too?
Mommy: Yes.
Aidan: WOO HOO!! Thanks Mommy!
(He begs to wear long sleeves every day of the year. Thank goodness cold weather has finally arrived. He'll be happy for months.)

Aidan: Mommy, when I grow up, I want to make commercials. Like Kristopher's Daddy does.
Mommy: Ok. You can do that.
Aidan: That'll be for my job. But for fun, I wanna be a window cleaner and go up high on those thangs and clean the buildings.
Mommy: For FUN? Ok.
Aidan: I also wanna build stuff for fun. Like houses.
Mommy: You can start by remodeling my kitchen.
Aidan: What, Mommy?
Mommy: Nevermind.

Aidan: I need to call Daddy.
Mommy: Why?
Aidan: I have to tell him something important.
Mommy: What do you need to tell him?
Aidan: I love you. That's what I need to tell him.

Ian: THERE'S A BUMPY THANG IN MY SOCK! Wahhhhhhhhhhh.

Mommy: Find your shoes.
Boys: I don't know where they are.
Mommy: If you'd put them in your CLOSET where they GO, you'd ALWAYS know where they are!
Boys: Hmpf.

Mommy: Where are your shoes?
Ian: THERE'S A BUMPY THANG IN! MY! SOCK!!

Mommy: If you find your shoes RIGHT NOW, we'll go to the donut store on the way to school. Look in the Game Room.
Aidan: I want a sprinkle donut! I'll go get my shoes!
Ian: I want a chocolate donut. But first, I wanna watch Jetix for one little minute.
Mommy: No Jetix. Find your shoes and get them on.

Ian: Mom, do you have your seatbelt on?
Mommy: Yes, thank you Seatbelt Police.

Aidan: There's Daddy's building. I need your cell phone.
Ian: Yah. We need to call Daddy 'cause we see his building.

Mommy: Aidan! STOP! Wait for me before you cross that street! Ian, pick up the pace-o, you pokey little puppy.
Ian: I'm NOT! POKEY! I'm just slow.

Ian: Mom, did you look both ways? I didn't see you look both ways!
Mommy: Ian. I looked both ways.
Ian: Well, I didn't see you. You haffa be safe and look both ways.
Mommy: You should be a cop when you grow up.
Ian: Well. I just wanna be Spiderman.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet and fun conversations! I love mornings with my boys. . you never know what they'll say. I can just see your boys saying these things in all seriousness. Amazing how their little minds work! Thanks for sharing your morning dialogue.

All I remember from this morning is
Garrett: I need pants. . pa-a-a-ants!
Clayton: I need sausage..sausa-a-a-ge Mommy!
Mommy: How do we ask for pants and sausage?
Garrett: Pa-a-a-nts. I need pants PLEATHE!
Clayton: please, Mommy please . .I need sausage please.
Then after getting them dressed, and after shoes are on, they jump to both feet and exclaim "I READY DADDY!!" as they start to race out the door, stop abruptly and give me sugies! (making a mental note to pay more attention tomorrow and write it down).

LYLAS,
Denise

Nancy D. said...

OH MY FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!!!!!

I think I hurt myself.

Gee.... "there's Daddy's building". I WONDER where they get THAT???????

Funniest damn thing I heard/read all day.......