Monday, March 03, 2008

owwwwch

I'm an idiot. That pretty much sums it up.

Yesterday, I was acting like a 12-year old, playing around at the park with the Fortress kids. Nikki and I were sitting on a fence railing. (That alone was risky enough.) Nikki, with her svelte, athletic, 22-year old body, eased herself over the top rail so that her head was almost on the ground, her feet dangling up in the air. It looked so FUN!! I decided that I must join her.

So I, with my NOT svelte, athletic body, at the age of almost-39, positioned myself on the railing, first hoisting my dunlap up on TOP of said railing, and proceeded to ....

CRASH, headfirst onto the concrete. I landed in a heap on the grass, laughing my HEAD off, and in dire pain. You should've seen the little kids run to my rescue and try to help me up. (You COULD see it, actually, 'cause it's all on video!)I have a goose egg on top of my head. It hurts. I don't think I've had an owie like THIS since I was.... twelve.

4 comments:

Martha in CA said...

Well...

Where's the video???

(owwww...just thinking about that makes my head hurt!)

Menjiness said...

Oh MY HECK! The things that you will do...

Violet said...

But the important part is - you were having fun while doing this!

I think you need to post that video...

Sherry said...

What on earth? LOL I tried to show my kids that I could still do a one handed cart wheel. Guess what? I couldn't. We probably have matching goose eggs. TFS! =D