Wednesday, April 04, 2007

little things makin' me happy

  • I decided to google my other blog,
    (scr)apropos, just to see what I'd find, and I found this: a glowing review of one of my articles. Wow!
  • I got a call tonight from a friend who said, "I didn't want to go on RECORD by commenting on your blog, but I was surprised not to see "flatulence" listed as one of your favorite words." BWAHA! Makes me happy that Denise knows me so well, and that she bothered to call me long distance to make me giggle. Truth is, I seriously considered that word for my short list, but figured there's been quite enough flatulence on this blog of late. Enough is enough. For now. lol
  • The boys have gotten in a bad habit of not flushing the toilet. Ever. Tonight, Dani, who shares a bathroom with them, had had enough. New rule: everytime we find the toilet unflushed, the boys BOTH have to go to bed 5 minutes early. Doesn't matter who's guilty. "You better keep each other accountable," I told them. A couple of hours later, Ian came pattering into the room, and announced, "Mommy, I fwushed." Heeee. Little things like that make my heart happy!
  • Got an email from my Seester. She might be coming soon for a visit. Be still my heart!
  • Sunday, I really needed friends. I didn't even have to ask. They knew. They rallied. They prayed over me and for me and with me. I am the MOST blessed person I know. Totally don't deserve to be. God is good, all the time. And all the time, God is good. Even in the little things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the review on (scr)apropos, YEAH! Great news that your sis might visit! Wonderful friends you have there also. But the post that made me LOL this morning is sweet Ian, "Mommy, I fwushed"!!! I can just hear him now *Ü* That's priceless, LOL!!!

Karen K said...

better rule, don't flush... you get a swirly.. a couple of those and they will never walk away from a toilet, used or not without flushing it.

IF bot comes in town,,, maybe we can do drinks????