Wednesday, November 22, 2006

turkey butt

I should probably be writing a more reverent post on this Thanksgiving Eve, and I'm quite sure the mood will strike sometime tomorrow and I'll wax poetic about all the things I'm thankful for.

But for now...
turkey butt!

I crack myself up! When people ask me why I don't cook my own turkey, I always tell them that the reason is one-fold: I refuse to put my hand in a turkey butt. No Thank You. Then they always say something along the lines of, "Uh, you're confused. You don't HAVE to put your hand up the turkey's butt. It's the neck...."

Yah. Theoretically, I know that to be true. But even so, I refuse to put my hand in a turkey butt.

And so, this Thanksgiving Eve, I'm ecstatic that THIS arrived yesterday:


Turkey Butt. LOL!! The truth is, I just like saying it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacy, you are very smart. The hazards of turkey cooking are vastly underreported. It reminds me of a classic Mr. Bean video fully documenting the trouble with turkeys. www.metacafe.com/watch/291860/mr_bean_christmas/

Anonymous said...

I started my own blog, thanks to your example. click on my name to see it...

Beth said...

I'm with you sistah. No putting my hand up the turkey butt either. I prefer turkey boobies.

Veronica said...

Ha! And why do you think I'm a vegetarian?

Anonymous said...

Those are the best turkeys! I have one in my freezer right now to use at a later date.

Anonymous said...

stace, I used to call my sister shannon "turkey-butt" I just like saying it too!! HA!, tab