Thursday, November 23, 2006

Let Every Breath

There's a song I love to sing at Fortress. I close my eyes, I lift my face to the sky, and I sing from the bottom of my soul. I don't care how loud I am or how off key I might be or how many people are looking at me funny. When I sing this song, I am so much more than singing: I am worshiping in every sense of the word.

My Jesus, My Savior,
Lord, there is none like You;
All of my days
I want to praise
The wonders of Your mighty love.

My comfort, my shelter,
Tower of refuge and strength;
Let every breath, all that I am
Never cease to worship You.

Shout to the Lord, all the earth, Let us sing
Power and majesty, praise to the King;
Mountains bow down and the seas will roar
At the sound of Your name.
I sing for joy at the work of Your hands,
Forever I'll love You, forever I'll stand,
Nothing compares to the promise I have in You.
Written by
Darlene Zschech


This Thanksgiving Day, I offer up this song.
To you, my God -
who instills in me strength and fortitude
who leads me to paths of healing and understanding
who blankets me in truth and opens my eyes to deceit,
who frees me to make my own choices
and disciplines me without punishment,
who stands beside me in adversity
and weeps with me in despair
and has mercy on me in anger
and rejoices with me in hopefulness,
who loves me as His daughter,
His chosen one, His beloved -
who never fails me,
never forgets me,
never disappoints me,
who always cherishes me
always believes in me,
always cushions my fall
and leaves the light on for me
(and all of this just this past year!) -
to you, My Father, My God -
with every breath, and all that I have,
may I never cease to worship you with my life.

Every thing I'm thankful for
on this Thanksgiving Day
is because of You.
I'm lifting my head and singing it loud.
I hope the neighbors hear me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

stace, i love you. you're such an inspiring writer. so this thanksgiving i'm thankful for you...(maybe now she'll make me one of those purses...=P)

Anonymous said...

Shout to the Lord is one of the most moving songs I know. We sung it at our wedding in 1998, and it has remained "my" song of praise. I am very excited that some down under worship music has made it to the US. Hillsong is big overhere. Hopefully you have some Parachute praise and worship from New Zealand as well.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Stacey!