- Assist in short- and long-range strategic planning activities to create and implement public relations goals and objectives.
- Work closely with staff and leadership to assess both public relations needs and priorities.
- Direct the production of printed publications; write materials for and direct the layout of informational materials
- Initiate, develop, and maintain local media and public contacts for disseminating information; research and write news releases
- Create and implement plan to recruit volunteers where needed
- Communicate regularly with volunteers, donors and potential volunteers and donors to convey needs of the program and updates on progress through the following methods:
Post weekly on Fortress blog; write and publish monthly E-newsletter; update website at least once a month; write, publish and mail quarterly newsletter
- Establish and maintain local church relations as it pertains to communication
- In-Kind Donations
Create and implement a plan to secure needed items through in-kind donations, soliciting groups, churches, classes, families, etc. for donation drives/collections
- Dinner and Auction Fundraiser
Chair committee; Recruit committee members and volunteers; Design all marketing materials and market event throughout the year; Create and implement plan for displaying auction items
- General Fundraising
Help develop materials and resources for fundraising/development purposes;
Be willing to reach out to sphere of influence and share funding needs and opportunities
Today, I'm thankful for a job that landed in my lap. I'm thankful that I'll get to keep working with people I love, doing work that I'm good at, and on projects that interest me. I'm thankful that it allows me to use my talents and skills to benefit a ministry that I'm passionate about, and that I'll be getting paid for work I'd likely be doing anyway! I'm thankful that Michael offered me the job and then convinced the Board that I was the best candidate for it. I'm thankful that I can help provide for our family in a tangible way, and still be home for the kids when they're not in school!I'm exceedingly grateful.
I'm happy. :)
I give thanks to Him Who has granted me [the needed] strength
and made me able [for this], Christ Jesus our Lord,
because He has judged and counted me faithful and trustworthy,
appointing me to [this stewardship of] the ministry.
I Timothy 1:12 (Amplified Bible)