Wednesday, January 30, 2008

10 Things I Learned Last Weekend

1. Double check your itinerary and make sure you know which airport you're flying out of.
2. New Yorkers are friendly, helpful, and excited that you're visiting their city.
3. Whoever honks first has the right of way.
4. Two quick honks in succession means "Don't you dare try it; I'm not slowing down for you."
5. If you fall on your face in Central Park, there will always be SOMEONE to see you do it.
6. You can spend all day on the lookout for celebrities, and then find yourself walking down a staircase with Barbara Walters when you least expect it.
7. If you ask for tea in a nice restaurant, they'll ask you, "Chamomile? Earl Grey?" When you answer, "Iced", they say, "At least you don't want it sweet", and walk away with a snarl on their face.
8. Huey Lewis was right: New york, New York, is everything they say, And no place that I'd rather be. Unfortunately, I was unable to confirm the next line of the song: Where else can you do a half a million things All at a quarter to three... because I was in bed before midnight each night!
9. I CAN walk my fat arse all over Manhattan. And ENJOY walking, even. Who knew?!
10. Some of New York City's best offerings are completely free: strolling through Central Park, walking across the Brooklyn Bridge toward Manhattan, window shopping on 5th Avenue, Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral, lunch with friends in their happy home....

Pictures to come. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacy, the falling part reminded me when I was a teenager I went with my youth group to Rockefeller Center at Christmas time to see the tree. As you can imagine it was packed. We are running across the street from St. Patrick's Cathedral and I FALL in the middle of the road, as the light changes and the taxis are barreling towards me. Good times, good times!

Glad you had a fun time. NYC is awesome. My 11 year old already calls it her favorite place, she has good taste. No place like it!

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing all your photos and adventures. Thanks a million for sharing!

Denise

Jayne said...

Sounds wonderful! Glad you had a great time! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to know someone else I know fell flat on their face in Central Park! Wonderful town!
Kaki