1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I'm a freak about it too... I want it to all coordinate. Then I get sorta sad when Christmas arrives and people show up and put their gifts under the tree wrapped with SpongeBob paper and gold foil poinsettia prints that totally clashes with my stripes and polka dots.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Both. Real tree in the front window, and a fake tree in the family room.
3. When do you put up the tree? Fake tree usually goes up Thanksgiving weekend, but we've all been sick and haven't gotten it out of the attic yet this year! We usually buy the real tree around the 10th.
4. When do you take the tree down? Hmmm. Real tree gets undecorated pretty quickly, 'cause I hate the mess after it starts drying out too much. Fake tree? Depends. Last year, I think I finally took it down toward the end of January!
5. Do you like egg nog? Yep. From Braum's. With a shot of Bailey's and nutmeg sprinkled on top.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? my orange vinyl-covered record player that closed and locked like a suitcase. (I bet you young whippersnappers don't even remember record players. Or for that matter, hard-sided suitcases that had snapping locks!)
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No. I want one. Started looking at Fontanini pieces last year, after a friend sent me $30 to put toward my first piece. Still haven't bought anything yet! (Is something wrong with me that I don't love Fontanini? Someday, I'll find THE perfect nativity scene. I'll know it when I see it.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Darren's brother, Chris. If he wants anything, he could just go and and buy it without worrying about the cost. Problem is, he just doesn't want anything!
9. Easiest person to buy for? my sister. I'm always seeing things that make me think of her!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I still handmake 'em. Haven't started THAT this year, either.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? a black nightie from Darren that didn't fit. By a long shot. I don't know who was more disappointed - him or me!
12 . Favorite Christmas movie? A Charlie Brown Christmas. and Love Actually.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I find something I know someone will love. Problem is, if I buy too early, I can't wait to give it to the person, and end up having to buy them another gift closer to Christmas!
14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? That black nightie? I gave it to Cara just a few days ago, tags still attached. lol!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mom's fudge
16 . Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear on the fake tree. Colored on the real tree.
17. Favorite Christmas song? What Sweeter Music, sung by the Cambridge Singers (with John Rutter conducting)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? this year, my family is travelling to OUR house! It's different every year.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes. Rudolph and Olive.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
21 . Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Depends which family we're celebrating with. With the Kocurs, everything gets opened on Christmas Eve, and then Santa leaves stockings and another gift overnight. With the Agees, everyone gets to open one gift on Christmas Eve and then mayhem ensues on Christmas morning. I like it both ways, actually!
22 . Most annoying thing about this time of year? traffic jams at I-20 and Hulen
23. Favorite christmas ornament? a birdhouse that Darren carved for me out of a tree branch when we were newly married.
24. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner? Honey Baked Ham with all the trimmings.